Recipe source - by Mama Cheung
- 115g Water chestnut powder
- 225g Rock sugar
- 1/2 block of brown cane sugar (about 50g)
- 180g chopped water chestnut
- 1.5 tbsp cooking oil
- 3.5 bowls of water
- 用 一杯半水開溶馬蹄粉,剩下的兩杯水用來煮糖.
- 收細火,用木鏟不停大力攪粉醬, 攪三至四分鐘.
- 好,夠 鐘了,馬蹄糕,又爽又滑,完成了.
- Use 1.5 bowl of water to dissolve the water chestnut powder. Use the other 2 cups of water to dissolve the sugar in a pan.
- When the sugar has melted, add in the chopped water chestnut and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the froth from the surface.
- After 5 minutes, stir the water chestnut powder mixture into the pot.
- Use a wooden stirrer to stir the mixture vigorously, the mixture will thicken as we stir.
- Rinse the metal container with water before adding the mixture in.
- When the water is boiled in the wok, place the container in the wok and steam for 20 minutes.
- Water chestnut cake is ready to serve after it cooled down. It can be eaten as it is, or it can be lightly fried before serve. Enjoy!