Steam Fruit Cake by Leela Mugilan
It's lasting for few months in room temperature... My sifu told me 6 months... But normally it's finished before that....
- 375g mix fruits
- 250g butter - "Golden Churn"
- 300g flour*
- 1 tsp of sodium bicarbonate*
- 1 tsp cream of tartar*(* mix and sifted)
- 3 grade A eggs
- 150g brown sugar ( beaten with butter)
- 150g sugar (for sugar burn)
- 1tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp fruits cake paste
- - Boil water in kukusan (steamer). Grease and layer with baking paper an 8x8x3 inches.
- - Mix flour with cream of tartar and soda bicarbonate - sieve.
- - Add in cinnamon powder and mix well.
- - Add mix fruits in the flour, mix well. This is to avoid fruits from sinking - Set aside.
- - Beat butter & sugar until fluffy.
- - Add in fruits cake paste- mix well
- - Add in egg one by one & continue to whisk till well combined.
- - Add in flour/fruits mixture until just mixed.
- - Melt sugar in a non stick pan with slow heat until bubble starts to form.. let it bubble for a few sec or till sugar colour turn dark
- - Quickly but carefully pour into the cake mixture while stirring with wooden spatula.
- (It will get harden once it touches batter, so fold in fast.. dont worry if there is some crystallised caramel in the batter).
- - Pour batter into baking tin.. arrange cherries if u like.. cover with aluminium foil, trim and tie with string or plastic ropes all around the tin.
- - Steam for 4hrs on medium heat.. (on high for 2 1/2hr.. medium for 1 1/2hr)
- (whenever u wanna add water to ur steamer make sure u use boiling water)
Source from bisousatoi blogspot but I did it with some changes.... Good luck