Very moist and soft cake!
Very happy with the result ...better than baked.
This made a 6 x 6 inch square pan. You can always double the amount.
Cake ingredients :
- 180g unsalted butter
- 60g castor sugar (I reduced to 50g as I don't like sweet)
- 60g brown sugar ( I reduced to 50g...The original total 120g of sugar is not overly sweet , don't worry)
- 200g evaporated milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 100g flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or rum ( u can increase to 1 tbp for rum if u want)
- Prepare your steamer.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla or rum and butter in a saucepan
- Over low fire, stir until sugar dissolved and butter melted. Off fire and let it cool a bit. Whilst is warm, add beaten egg and mix well. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and add into the mixture. Combine well.
- Lined the baking tin pour the mixture in and cover with aluminum foil.
- Steam for 45 mins skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan.
Chocolate glaze ingredients :
- 190g full cream condensed milk ( use lady general brand so that it won't be too runny )
- 1 /2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup corn or canola oil
- 1/6 cup of cocoa powder sifted ( half of 1/3 cup)
- Pinch of salt
- Combine cocoa, milk and oil in a saucepan and stir over low fire.
- Keep stirring until thicken
- Add salt and vanilla
- Cool the mixture a while before pouring over the cake .
- Smooth the glaze over the cake.
- Cool before adding decorations.