Hae Bee Hiam Bak Chang
Hae Bee Hiam Bak Chang - by Lucinda Lau
(Makes about 15-18 Changs depending on size)
1 kilo glutinous rice (soaked for 1/2-1 hour)
500 gms of pork belly
(Remove skin and cut into 15 - 18 pcs)
15- 18 pcs mushrooms
15-18 pcs cooked chestnuts
3/4 bowl of hae bee hiam
30-36 pcs of bamboo leaves ( soaked and wash)
Some grass strings
Method: Strain the rice and leave aside. Heat up1 tbsp of oil in a wok and fry 1 tsp of minced garlic till brown. Add in the pork and fry till the pork turns pink follow by the mushrooms. Pour 1 tbsp light soya sauce, 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce and continue frying for 2 mins. Dish up the ingredients and pour 2 tbsp of oil into the wok to fry 1 tsp of minced garlic till brown. Add in the rice and the sauce in the fried ingredients and continue to stir well. Measure in 3/4 tbsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp salt, 2tsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp of pepper. Stir well to combine and set aside.
Method of folding:
Take 2 bamboo leaves, smooth side facing in and scoop 1 tbsp of rice. Fill with the fillings and finish by another tbsp of rice. Fold the leaves to seal and tied with a string. Continue with the rest of the rice.
Place change into boiling water and cook the change for 2 and a half hours over medium heat. After 2 and a half hours take out from the water and let the change dripped dry.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
06/07 - 06/14
- Bread Pudding
- Awfully chocolate cake using steamed method
- ultra soft potato buns
- Black Sesame Seeds Ogura cake
- Sponge bread - 海绵面包 - By Fiona lau
- Homemade Seafood paste
- Water Chestnut Cake
- Mango cake
- Eggless sesame bun
- Gula Melaka Butter cake Top with dessicated cocon...
- Pretzel Bread
- Nespresso Hazenut Baileys Tiramisu
- Nutella Crepe Cake Recipe
- Fruit Tart
- Pau (Chinese steamed buns)
- Steamed Malay Koh(Malay kueh)
- soft soft roll-bun
- OREO COOKIES CHIFFON CAKE
- Dessert - Steamed Egg White with Hokkaido Milk (蛋白...
- Sugar Bun - Milk Bun
- Toblerone Brownie
- Cocoa Coffee Cotton Cake - 可可咖啡,棉花蛋糕
- BREAD PUDDING & CUSTARD SAUCE
- Mango Cotton Cake
- Cream Puff
- Sweet sauce belly pork
- 3D macaron hello kitty
- Durian Cheesecake 猫山王
- Chilled Blueberry Oreo Cheesecake
- 海绵面包 (Sponge bread)
- Sponge bread - 海绵面包
- Cookies & Cream Macaron with Cookies & Cream butte...
- Hae Bee Hiam Bak Chang
- COFFEE LAPIS SURABAYA
- COPYCAT LANA CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE - P*Na
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Churro Bites
- Cinnamon Sponge Cake
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Chicken Pot Pie With Ready Puff Pastry - by Fiona ...
- ▼ 06/07 - 06/14 ( 42 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )