Yam Kueh - Alicia Wong
• 400g Yam (diced)
• 300ml water
• 40g dried shrimp (soaked, chopped into small pieces)
• 5 shallots (sliced)
• 5 shallots (chopped into small pieces)
• 4 shitake mushroom (diced)
• 1Tbsp oyster sauce
• 1Tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 Tbsp sugar
• 1/2 Tbsp salt
• some dashes of pepper
Batter (mix together)
• 200g Rice flour
• 3Tbsp corn flour
• 350ml water
• some spring onion (diced)
• some red chili (sliced)
1) Take 6 Tbsp of oil and fried the sliced shallots, fried until golden brown. Scope out and set aside.
2) Take 2 Tbsp of oil and fried the diced yam. Scope out, garnish with a little salt and set aside.
3) Fried the chopped shallots, until fragrance.
4) Add in dry shrimps and mushroom, fried until fragrance.
5) Add the cooked yam in.
6) Add water.
7) Add the sauce mixture and batter
8) stir fried with low heat until almost sticky.
9) Off the fire and transfer to a 8x8 sq tin / 8nch round tin
10) steam for 30mins
11) remove and add spring onion, fried shallot and red chili on top.
Yam kueh is ready to serve.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at email@example.com
02/22 - 03/01
- Colourful coconut fatt kueh - by Vonne VI
- Made traditional Teochew Peng Kueh - by Alicia Tan...
- Bean Curd Tarts - by Jenny Lim
- Yam Kueh - Alicia Wong
- Yam and pumpkin kueh - by Alicia Wong
- Gula Melaka Huat Kueh - by 지에빈양
- Double Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes - by Ng Mee Ten...
- Oreo cream cheese macaron - by 黄乐宣
- Wasabi macarron - by 黄乐宣
- Homemade Lo Mai Kai - BY Annie Tan
- Coconut Milk Pudding Recipe - By Fiona Low
- traditional steam cake - by Annie Tan
- Simply delicious Chocolate Brownies - by Alicia Wo...
- PANDAN LAYER CAKE by Patricia Na
- Black & Spicy Abalone Sauce - by May Tan
- Stuffed nian gao - by Irene Kwek
- Kong Ba Bao - by May Tan
- Carrot Cake - by Kristen Whiton Greenly
- Earl Grey Chiffon Cake - by Peggy Lee
- Stewed Pork with Sprite (melt in mouth version) 红烧...
- Secret Recipe Chocolate Indulgence Cake - by Abiga...
- Light buttery chiffon - by Doris Mok
- Ribena Marshmallow Cake (No Bake, No Whip) - by Co...
- Mandarin Orange Huat Kueh (橘子發糕) - by 페기양 (22/02/2...
- Love Letters (Kueh Kapit) - by Lucinda Lau
- Cashew-nut Cookies - by Cecilia Chia
- Traditional Pineapple Tarts - by Lucinda Lau
- Kueh makmur - by Lucinda Lau
- Family Fruit Cake - by Lucinda Lau
- Homemade Nian Gao - by Kelly Ng
- Cornflakes Cookies - by Lucinda Lau
- ▼ 02/22 - 03/01 ( 31 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )