Stewed Pork with Sprite (melt in mouth version) 红烧猪肉 - by Vonne VI
About 700g pork belly
600 ml Sprite
4 star anise
4 Bay leaves
3 tbsp white Vinegar
1 big garlic( remove skin and smash)
1 onion ~( minced or cut small)
Few Lump sugar ( up to taste)
1 tbsp Dark soya sauce
3 ~4 tbsp Hua tiew chiew
2 - 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp Salt
1 dried chili (optional)~cut to half
** For the salty and sweetness can be +/- depend on your own prefer**
Wash and clean the pork belly , cut it into your desires size. Put all the ingredients into a pot and boil it with high heat untill boil. Then turn the heat to low heat and simmer it for 50 minutes ~ 1 hours or untill the meat soft . Once the meat soft to your desire softness, change the heat to high heat to get desire sauce of thickness and turn off the heat.Use a spoon to scoop up the pork oil (80%) on top of the sauce.Serve while hot .😀
** why we put below ingredients**
Sprite- help to make the meat tender and decrease the cooking time
Lump sugar -help soften the meat faster
Dried chili - to prevent the pork have pork smelly taste
Onion- give fragrance sweetness and thickness the sauce later on
Vinegar- to make the meat not feel too oily when eating time.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at email@example.com
02/22 - 03/01
- Colourful coconut fatt kueh - by Vonne VI
- Made traditional Teochew Peng Kueh - by Alicia Tan...
- Bean Curd Tarts - by Jenny Lim
- Yam Kueh - Alicia Wong
- Yam and pumpkin kueh - by Alicia Wong
- Gula Melaka Huat Kueh - by 지에빈양
- Double Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes - by Ng Mee Ten...
- Oreo cream cheese macaron - by 黄乐宣
- Wasabi macarron - by 黄乐宣
- Homemade Lo Mai Kai - BY Annie Tan
- Coconut Milk Pudding Recipe - By Fiona Low
- traditional steam cake - by Annie Tan
- Simply delicious Chocolate Brownies - by Alicia Wo...
- PANDAN LAYER CAKE by Patricia Na
- Black & Spicy Abalone Sauce - by May Tan
- Stuffed nian gao - by Irene Kwek
- Kong Ba Bao - by May Tan
- Carrot Cake - by Kristen Whiton Greenly
- Earl Grey Chiffon Cake - by Peggy Lee
- Stewed Pork with Sprite (melt in mouth version) 红烧...
- Secret Recipe Chocolate Indulgence Cake - by Abiga...
- Light buttery chiffon - by Doris Mok
- Ribena Marshmallow Cake (No Bake, No Whip) - by Co...
- Mandarin Orange Huat Kueh (橘子發糕) - by 페기양 (22/02/2...
- Love Letters (Kueh Kapit) - by Lucinda Lau
- Cashew-nut Cookies - by Cecilia Chia
- Traditional Pineapple Tarts - by Lucinda Lau
- Kueh makmur - by Lucinda Lau
- Family Fruit Cake - by Lucinda Lau
- Homemade Nian Gao - by Kelly Ng
- Cornflakes Cookies - by Lucinda Lau
- ▼ 02/22 - 03/01 ( 31 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )