Gula Melaka / Palm Sugar Huat Kueh (椰子糖發糕)
by 페기양 (25/02/2015)
Estimated 8 small cupcake size
1) Starter Dough
100ml water (warm)
1 tsp instant yeast
100g plain flour
250g plain flour (I use Superfine flour / Hong Kong Pao flour)
2 tsp double acting baking powder
150g Palm sugar
250g Coconut Milk
• Put starter dough ingredients into a bowl and mix well, cover the bowl and rest for 1-2 hours at room temperature till the dough double or more in size.
• Add the coconut milk and Palm sugar into the starter dough, mix well.
• Add in the sifted flour and double acting baking powder. Mix well. Lastly add in the egg and mix well.
• Spoon batter into paper cups till ¾ full (high side of 3/4 to have the big flower effect). Some feedback to 90% full.
• Steam at high heat for 20-25 mins.
See comments for some ingredients I used.