Earl Grey Chiffon Cake - by Peggy Lee
Ingredients of Earl Grey tea milk:
120 ml fresh milk
6 gm (about 6 teaspoons) Earl Grey loose leaves
5 egg yolks
20 gm castor sugar
110 ml Earl Grey tea milk
100 gm cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
80 ml canola oil
Ingredients of meringue:
5 egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
60 gm castor sugar
Put the fresh milk in a little sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until it’s really hot, not boiled though. Add the earl grey tea leaves. Cover and remove from heat. After cooling down, drain out tea leaves through a fine sieve and keep them. Top up with more milk to get 110 ml if needed. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 170C.
Beat egg yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the tea milk. Add tea leaves. Sift in cake flour and baking powder. Lightly combine together. Stir in one-third of the oil at a time. Combine well and get a smooth batter. Set aside.
Use a large clean mixing bowl, without any trace of oil or water, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until bubbles form. Add the cream of tartar. After mixing well, add the 60 grams of sugar in three batches, about one-third at a time, and beat well between additions. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
Fold-in the beaten egg whites into the batter with a spatula.
Pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. An inserted skewer comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven. Invert the pan immediately on a wire rack. Let it cool completely.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
02/22 - 03/01
- Colourful coconut fatt kueh - by Vonne VI
- Made traditional Teochew Peng Kueh - by Alicia Tan...
- Bean Curd Tarts - by Jenny Lim
- Yam Kueh - Alicia Wong
- Yam and pumpkin kueh - by Alicia Wong
- Gula Melaka Huat Kueh - by 지에빈양
- Double Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes - by Ng Mee Ten...
- Oreo cream cheese macaron - by 黄乐宣
- Wasabi macarron - by 黄乐宣
- Homemade Lo Mai Kai - BY Annie Tan
- Coconut Milk Pudding Recipe - By Fiona Low
- traditional steam cake - by Annie Tan
- Simply delicious Chocolate Brownies - by Alicia Wo...
- PANDAN LAYER CAKE by Patricia Na
- Black & Spicy Abalone Sauce - by May Tan
- Stuffed nian gao - by Irene Kwek
- Kong Ba Bao - by May Tan
- Carrot Cake - by Kristen Whiton Greenly
- Earl Grey Chiffon Cake - by Peggy Lee
- Stewed Pork with Sprite (melt in mouth version) 红烧...
- Secret Recipe Chocolate Indulgence Cake - by Abiga...
- Light buttery chiffon - by Doris Mok
- Ribena Marshmallow Cake (No Bake, No Whip) - by Co...
- Mandarin Orange Huat Kueh (橘子發糕) - by 페기양 (22/02/2...
- Love Letters (Kueh Kapit) - by Lucinda Lau
- Cashew-nut Cookies - by Cecilia Chia
- Traditional Pineapple Tarts - by Lucinda Lau
- Kueh makmur - by Lucinda Lau
- Family Fruit Cake - by Lucinda Lau
- Homemade Nian Gao - by Kelly Ng
- Cornflakes Cookies - by Lucinda Lau
- ▼ 02/22 - 03/01 ( 31 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )