Estimated 8 small cupcake size
1) Starter Dough
100ml water (warm)
1 tsp instant yeast
100g plain flour
250g plain flour (I use Superfine flour / Pau flour)
2 tsp double acting baking powder
250g Mandarin Orange Juice with about 1 Mandarin Orange pulp
A dash of Orange food color (American Color Powdered type)
• Put starter dough ingredients into a bowl and mix well, cover the bowl and rest for 1-2 hours at room temperature till the dough double or more in size.
• Add the orange juice and sugar into the starter dough, mix well.
• Add in the sifted flour, orange powder and double acting baking powder. Mix well.
• Spoon batter into paper cups till ¾ full (high side of 3/4 to have the big flower effect)
• Steam at high heat for 20-25 mins.
Verdict by CNY visiting guests.
Very nice Mandarin Orange aroma, QQ and super soft. Even kids love them.