PANDAN LAYER CAKE by Patricia Na
For Sponge Cake:
4 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk
80gm Caster Sugar
100gm Plain Flour
100gm Butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 160°C
2. Grease n line a 8" round pan. I line the bottom only.
3. Whisk eggs n sugar until stiff.
4. Fold in sifted flour. Then add in warm butter n mix well.
5. Pour into pan n bake for 35mins.
6. Remove n cool cake completely before slicing into 3 equal portions.
For Pandan Kaya
600ml coconut milk
500ml pandan water (I use 1 pkt pandan leaves)
100gm Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
85gm Hoen Kwe Flour (Green Pea Flour )
1 Pkt Agar Agar Powder(White )
1. Mix Hoen Kwe flour n agar agar powder together.
2. Slowly add in Pandan Water n mix well.
3. Add in coconut milk, sugar, salt till well mixed.
4. Cook the mixture @ low heat until mixture turned slightly thick (like kaya)
** I use a hand whisk to do the above**
To Assemble the cake:
1. Wet a cake ring n a 9 " cake base. Alternatively you can use a 8" removable baking pan.
2. Pour in abt 2 ladle spoons of pandan mixture, spread the mixture.
3. Place a pc of sponge cake on top.
4. Pour another 2 to 3 ladle spoons of mixture on top. Spread well n make sure the mixture flows down, covering the sides.
5. Repeat the same process.
6. Leave to set outside for 2hrs thereafter put into fridge for another 2 hrs before decorating as desired.
**Sponge Cake recipe adapted from Richard Goh n Pandan Kaya recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover's blog.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
02/22 - 03/01
- Colourful coconut fatt kueh - by Vonne VI
- Made traditional Teochew Peng Kueh - by Alicia Tan...
- Bean Curd Tarts - by Jenny Lim
- Yam Kueh - Alicia Wong
- Yam and pumpkin kueh - by Alicia Wong
- Gula Melaka Huat Kueh - by 지에빈양
- Double Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes - by Ng Mee Ten...
- Oreo cream cheese macaron - by 黄乐宣
- Wasabi macarron - by 黄乐宣
- Homemade Lo Mai Kai - BY Annie Tan
- Coconut Milk Pudding Recipe - By Fiona Low
- traditional steam cake - by Annie Tan
- Simply delicious Chocolate Brownies - by Alicia Wo...
- PANDAN LAYER CAKE by Patricia Na
- Black & Spicy Abalone Sauce - by May Tan
- Stuffed nian gao - by Irene Kwek
- Kong Ba Bao - by May Tan
- Carrot Cake - by Kristen Whiton Greenly
- Earl Grey Chiffon Cake - by Peggy Lee
- Stewed Pork with Sprite (melt in mouth version) 红烧...
- Secret Recipe Chocolate Indulgence Cake - by Abiga...
- Light buttery chiffon - by Doris Mok
- Ribena Marshmallow Cake (No Bake, No Whip) - by Co...
- Mandarin Orange Huat Kueh (橘子發糕) - by 페기양 (22/02/2...
- Love Letters (Kueh Kapit) - by Lucinda Lau
- Cashew-nut Cookies - by Cecilia Chia
- Traditional Pineapple Tarts - by Lucinda Lau
- Kueh makmur - by Lucinda Lau
- Family Fruit Cake - by Lucinda Lau
- Homemade Nian Gao - by Kelly Ng
- Cornflakes Cookies - by Lucinda Lau
- ▼ 02/22 - 03/01 ( 31 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )