STRAWBERRY MERINGUE KISSES by Munira Bamadhaj
- 2 Egg Whites (88g)
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 55g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp Strawberry Emulco
- Preheat oven to 110°C. I used a silicone mat placed on a baking tray.
- 2. Whip egg whites till foamy, add cream of tartar.
- Slowly add icing sugar until soft peaks. Then add corn flour and strawberry emulco until stiff peaks.
- Place meringue in a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 2A round tip. You can choose to brush the insides of the bag with gel food colouring as I did.
- Pipe small rounds and pulling up creating the kisses. Bake for 1 hour. If points are still soft, bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove kisses immediately and store them in a jar. The longer you wait, the stickier it will be.