HAZELNUT COOKIES - by Munira B
- 200g Salted Butter
- 50g Shortening
- 160g Fine Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150g Ground Hazelnut
- 260g Plain Flour
- 100g Corn Flour
- Preheat your oven to 170°C. Ground your hazelnuts.
- Then gently toast them in a frying pan (no oil) until slightly fragrant. Remove and let cool.
- Cream butter and shortening followed by sugar.
- Add vanilla extract and egg yolk.
- Fold in hazelnut and both flour until fully incorporated.
- Gently scoop 1 tsp of dough and roll into a ball.
- Lay them on cookie sheets lines with baking paper. Use a fork to press the designs onto the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool in pan for 5 minutes before cooling them completely on and wired rack.
- Store in an airtight container when completely cooled.