Adapted from: RasaMalaysia
- 250g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 6 egg yolks
- 50g castor sugar
- 60g salted butter ( I use SCS Butter )
- 120 ml Fresh milk ( I use Meiji )
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 70g cake flour ( I Prefer blue Jacket i find the flour is very silky and soft )
- 20g cornflour
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract / Vanilla Bean Paste
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 70g castor sugar
- Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture.
- Fold in the blue jacket flour ( cake Flour ), the cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.
- Make the meringue by whisking egg whites until foamy.
- You can beat with a stand mixer or handheld mixer.
- Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Take 1/3 meringue and fold into the cheese mixture, then fold in another 1/3 of meringue.
- After incorporated, pour the batter back to the remaining 1/3 meringue and fold.
- FOLD GENTLY.
- Pour the mixture into a 8-inch round cake pan (lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with grease-proof baking paper or parchment paper).
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath until set and golden brown at 160 degrees C (325 degrees F).