Taro Huat Kueh (芋頭發糕) - by 페기양
Estimated 8 small cupcake size
PS: can use same recipe for Pumpkin Huat Kueh.
A) Starter Dough
100ml water (warm)
1 tsp instant yeast
100g plain flour
250g plain flour (I use Superfine flour / Pau flour)
2 tsp double acting baking powder
150g coconut milk
200g purple taro / normal yam (steam and mashed)
1-2 tsp of taro paste (optional)
For Pumpkin version
Just replace the 200g Taro paste with Pumpkin paste. No need taro paste.
• Put starter dough ingredients into a bowl and mix well, cover the bowl and rest for 1-2 hours at room temperature till the dough double or more in size.
• Add the mashed taro, taro paste and sugar into the starter dough, mix well and follow with the coconut milk. Mix well.
• Add in the sifted flour and double acting baking powder. Mix well.
• Spoon batter into paper cups till ¾ full (high side of 3/4 to have the big flower effect)
• Steam at high heat for 20-25 mintues
Hi Fiona. Here goes in case BC members want to steam for CNY Huat Huat.
This is the Pumpkin version. Extra bonus. Haha
Tks q .. Will archives asap .. Happy CNY babe
Yes this is correct
I want this .. The second recipe
Tks q so much
Ok ok. Thank you. Happy New Year.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
02/15 - 02/22
- Ginger Nian Gao & traditional Nian Gao - by Vonne ...
- Portugese Egg Tarts - by Peggy Lee
- Gula Malacca fatt kuih - by peggy Lim
- Cake Surabaya Ingredients: - by Peggy Lee
- Apple raisin rock bun recipes - by Datin Liz Mran
- Steamed Milo Cupcakes Soft and fluffy - by Marsha ...
- Prune lapis cake - by Efah Salim
- French toast - by Jaslin Yoke
- Nian Gao Pastry - by Diana Chin
- Hokkaido milk loaf - by Vivianne Tan
- Peanut Butter Jelly Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cr...
- Weekenders Cookies - by Pretty Soh
- Sugee Cookies - by Cecilia Chia
- Fried Nian Gao (年糕) with cream cracker - by Ong Ja...
- Salted Caramel Glaze Vanilla Chiffon Cake - by Bel...
- Chocolate Brownies - by Ng Mee Teng
- Chocolate crust - by No Sya Sk
- Biscotti Walnut & Cranberry Biscotti - by Teo Choo...
- Kek hong - by Lynn Teoh
- Biscotti Green Tea, Choco and Original Almond Bisc...
- Fatt Koh - by Shereen Kang
- Spicy Cornflakes - by Harfa Abdul Karim
- Bake American Cheesecake - by Fanny Huang
- Curry Spicy cornflakes - by Irene Kwek
- Royce chocolate - by Shina Lin
- Taro Huat Kueh (芋頭發糕) - by 페기양
- ▼ 02/15 - 02/22 ( 26 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )