Biscotti Walnut & Cranberry Biscotti - by Teo Choong Eng Cindy
2/3 cup (135 grams) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups (230 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup (120 grams) walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup (75 grams) dried cranberries or cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the sugar and eggs on high speed until thick, pale, and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes). At this point beat in the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture and beat until combined. Fold in the chopped walnut and cranberries.
Transfer the dough to a well floured counter and roll into a log shape, about 12 inches (30 cm) long and 3 1/2 inches (9 cm) wide. You may have to flour your hands to form the log as the dough is quite sticky. Place the log on the baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Transfer the log to a cutting board and cut into about 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) slices, on the diagonal. Place the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, turn slices over, and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at email@example.com
02/15 - 02/22
- Ginger Nian Gao & traditional Nian Gao - by Vonne ...
- Portugese Egg Tarts - by Peggy Lee
- Gula Malacca fatt kuih - by peggy Lim
- Cake Surabaya Ingredients: - by Peggy Lee
- Apple raisin rock bun recipes - by Datin Liz Mran
- Steamed Milo Cupcakes Soft and fluffy - by Marsha ...
- Prune lapis cake - by Efah Salim
- French toast - by Jaslin Yoke
- Nian Gao Pastry - by Diana Chin
- Hokkaido milk loaf - by Vivianne Tan
- Peanut Butter Jelly Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cr...
- Weekenders Cookies - by Pretty Soh
- Sugee Cookies - by Cecilia Chia
- Fried Nian Gao (年糕) with cream cracker - by Ong Ja...
- Salted Caramel Glaze Vanilla Chiffon Cake - by Bel...
- Chocolate Brownies - by Ng Mee Teng
- Chocolate crust - by No Sya Sk
- Biscotti Walnut & Cranberry Biscotti - by Teo Choo...
- Kek hong - by Lynn Teoh
- Biscotti Green Tea, Choco and Original Almond Bisc...
- Fatt Koh - by Shereen Kang
- Spicy Cornflakes - by Harfa Abdul Karim
- Bake American Cheesecake - by Fanny Huang
- Curry Spicy cornflakes - by Irene Kwek
- Royce chocolate - by Shina Lin
- Taro Huat Kueh (芋頭發糕) - by 페기양
- ▼ 02/15 - 02/22 ( 26 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )