Whole Wheat Milk Bread Recipe - by Chef Jack Lee

Hello BC members! And Fiona Lau I think this is my first time posting here!
Whole Wheat Milk Bread Recipe- Very easy and delicious!
This is one of my most used recipe for healthy whole wheat milk bread. I make this recipe quite often for my family mainly because my parents are getting to an age where they cannot eat too much starch related foods, such as white rice or white bread. (Even the rice we eat is multi-grain rice)
So I just want to share my recipe with friends here in BC, and this recipe originated from Taiwan, (which is where I am from), and it's by "WU BAO CHUN". So it's worth giving it a try! I also used it to make my lunch time cheddar grilled cheese sandwich, which the whole wheat flavor really goes well with the extra strong cheddar!

350g Whole Wheat Flour
150g Strong Bread Flour
30g Brown Sugar (Can be replaced with honey)
10g of Salt (Can be reduced to half)
225g Water
150g Skim Milk (Can use regular Milk
8g Dry Yeast (Can reduce to 4g for slow fermentation)
Method: Follow the method of any Toast making method. Somethings I do differently is I autolyse the whole wheat flour with water first, and I dissolve the salt, sugar with the milk as well.
Feel free to drop me a message if you have any questions or requests on other recipes! Thanks everyone!



bakingscorner

Instagram