baked Fruitcake - by Maya Tekwani
I'm grateful for your moral support dear. We bakers have been gifted with the ability to create fantastic recipes. Some recipes I do share but there are others I hold closely to my heart for personal reasons. There is always a time for everything and I do not believe in bringing this gift to the grave, as many of you may seem to think so. Why do I then post something I do not want to share? Just because! I wanted to share the joy I'd experienced then. I could go on & on but I think you guys can get the point. So, here's the recipe. It may not be that great a recipe to most of you great & fantastic bakers out there but this means a lot to me. Maybe you bakers can bring this recipe to another higher level than I can. I bid you happy baking in the spirit of Christmas
Recipe for fruitcake:
250g plain flour,
1tsp baking powder,
1 tsp rempah kueh,
200g soft brown sugar,
60g chopped almonds,
1kg mixed dried fruit.
Sift together flour, baking powder & rempah kueh into a bowl & keep aside.
Cream the butter & brown sugar in a separate bowl until mixture is pale.
Beat the eggs with a fork first before adding this into the mixture, a little at a time. Add in the brandy. If mixture begins to curdle, don't panic, just add in 1-2tblsps flour & mix until it comes back to normal.
Now, toss the almonds & mixed fruit into the flour mixture. Then add this gradually to the egg mixture using a spatula.
Mix well so that all ingredients are distributed.
Pour mixture into prepared tin (I greased & lined an 8inch sq tin).
Bake for 1hr first in 150 degrees C, then reduce to 100 degrees C for the next 2hrs.
By this time, the cake is done. Pour abt half cup of brandy over the cake & let it cool in the tin.
Once cool, take the cake out fm the tin, store it in an airtight tin & keep it in the fridge until Christmas time.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at email@example.com
01/04 - 01/11
- Homemade bak kwa.- (肉干) - by Vonne VI
- Fresh Strawberry puree Ogura - by Baking Mama Jenn...
- Hup Tou Soh - by Jeannie Tay
- Raspberry Cheesecake~ Elaine kwan
- Oranges Ogura Cake~ By Elaine kwan
- baked Fruitcake - by Maya Tekwani
- Rainbow jelly by Enny Yap
- Rainbow Agar Agar - by Chris Tay
- Fudgy chocolate brownies***** - by Shirley Wong
- Home-made chicken pie - by WantOnly Dee
- hone bread - by Tania Lim
- Feuilletine Chocolate Cheese Tarts - by Cecilia Ch...
- marron chiffon cake - by Carole Lai
- Chocolate Mayo Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Ganach...
- Plain BREAD ROLLS - Using breadmaker - by Tina Lim...
- Prawn Fritters / Hay Pia - by Joyce Ng
- Gula melacca steam cake - by Pat Pachara Limnella
- Lychee Yogurt Cupcake ( 荔枝酸奶杯子蛋糕 ) - by Kris Lim
- Steamed Gula Melaka cake - Fiona Lau
- mini chocolate wassant bread 巧克力大理石小餐包 - by Victo...
- Soy milk mantou (steam bun) 滑溜溜的豆浆甜馒头 - by Victori...
- Butter chocolate cheese cake ~ 巧克力黄油奶酪蛋糕 - by Vict...
- classic layered bread ~ highly recommended 经典千层面包 ...
- Orange magic custard cake 香橙魔术卡士达蛋糕 - by Victoria ...
- lapis chocolate mint 巧克力薄荷千层蛋糕 - by Victoria Moon ...
- My gluten free christmas sandwich bread - by Victo...
- Japanese condensed milk white bread 日式炼奶白面包 - by V...
- KC fried chicken - by Victoria Moon Kua
- ▼ 01/04 - 01/11 ( 28 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )