VANILLA CUPCAKES with COLOURED WHIPPED CREAM
It's not a fluffy spongy cake. It's an elegant texture and super yummy. I use it for wedding cupcakes... Hence the name...
WEDDING VANILLA CUPCAKES - by Munira Bamadhaj
135g Self-raising Flour
80g Cake Flour
160g Caster Sugar
115g Cold Butter, cubed
2 Large Eggs
120g Fresh Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Method: (Exactly how I would do it)
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. And line 16 muffin pan.
2. Place your mixing bowl on your weighing machine. Measure out your self-raising, cake flour and sugar.
3. Use your hand mixer (not turned on) to just get the ingredients mixed. Then chop some butter and place it in a bowl over the scale and measure out the right amount.
4. Then on your hand mixer and blend the ingredients until you get a crumbly sand-like texture.
5. Next, add your eggs and continue to mix until it becomes thick.
6. Finally, place your bowl back on the scale and measure out your milk and add your vanilla. Continue to beat until you reach a smooth texture. Stop immediately when it's smooth.
7. Scoop into your paper liners and bake for 20 minutes.
It's a super easy, yummy recipe with minimal cleaning. My favourite!
For the whipping cream, there's nothing special about it. Since you asked... I shall share it anyway. This recipe gives you the exact amount to pipe swirls using the Wilson 1M tip for 16 cupcakes like the one shown.
COLOURED WHIPPED CREAM - by Munira Bamadhaj
200g Millac Gold Whipping Cream
2 tbsp Icing Sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 drop Gel Food Coloring (I use Americolor)
1. Whisk cream until thickened.
2. Add icing sugar, vanilla extract and coloring and continue to beat until stiff. Do not overbeat.
3. Frost immediately over cooled cupcakes or refrigerate until needed.
4. Refrigerate cupcakes after frosting to keep the shape intact.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at email@example.com
05/24 - 05/31
- VANILLA CUPCAKES with COLOURED WHIPPED CREAM
- Oreo double chocolate cupcake
- Orange Chiffon Cake - by Fiona Lau
- Honeycomb cake
- Cheddar cheese ogura cake
- Pandan Huat Kueh
- Japanese steamed cake (mushi pan). Blueberries and...
- Japanese Greentea steamed cake ( Matcha mushipan )...
- Oreo Chocolate Milk Chiffon
- Michelle's Laksa
- Hae Bee Hiam
- Easy Hea Be Hiam
- ▼ 05/24 - 05/31 ( 12 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )