Recipe source and credit to TheBubblyBaker
Modifying recipe by FionaLau's
I used an 8 inch (20cm) chiffon Tin - is a bit too small so i add extra 2 mini chiffon Tin.
so my suggest is 22cm chiffon Tin will be just nice for this recipe
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
10gm corn Flour
– Position the rack on lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 180˚C.
Ps** Every oven has different thermostat, you have to adjust the temperature and suit your own oven.
– Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl, and beat until pale
– Add oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract and stir to incorporate with a whisk.
– Add flour and orange zest; mix well, until the batter becomes sticky.
Make the meringue
– Combine sugar and corn flour.
– Beat the egg whites until foamy.
– Add half the sugar and continue beating for a few minutes, then add remaining sugar and beat until egg whites are glossy and stiff peaks form.
– Add one-third of meringue into the egg yolk mixture and fold in lightly, then add remaining meringue and fold to incorporate completely.
– Pour batter into an un-greased chiffon cake tube pan.
– Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. When cake is done, remove from the oven and turn it over, leaving it to cool for about an hour. Once the cake is cool completely, carefully run a knife or spatula around the sides of the cake to loosen it before inverting onto a wire rack
Have fun :D