Recipe credit - Samantha Needs Vacation
35 ml veg oil
1/8 tsp salt
85 ml coconut milk
60g cake flour
10g coconut powder
200g. Egg whites
70g icing sugar (I use 60g)
1g. Cream of tartar (or lemon juice 5ml)
1) sift cake flour and coconut powder together and put aside.
2) put oil , salt and coconut milk in a mixing bowl and mix well (I use electric mixer).
3) Add in flour mixture (cake flour and coconut powder) and mix until smooth with no lumps.
4) beat egg whites till frothy. Add icing sugar and beat till firm peak
5) fold in 1/3 meringue into the batter and combine well. Continue with the rest till well combined.
6) bang the batter on table ţop to release big bubbles then pour batter into 17cm chiffon pan.
7) bake at preheated oven at 150c for 70 mins or till done (I use 140c for 40 mins and 150c for 10 mins).
8) invert the pan immediately after baking for cooling down.
Happy baking !