recipe credit to Patricia Na
CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE
INGREDIENT A :
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 85 ml Water
- 80 ml Vegetable / Corn / Soya / Canola Oil
- 120 gm Optima Flour
- 60 gm Hongkong Flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 / 2 tbsp Chocolate Emulco
- 1 / 4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 / 4 tsp Salt
- 100 ml Egg Whites ( hv to be exact or else it'll effect the cake texture )
- 1 / 4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 60 gm Caster Sugar
- Preheat oven @ 180 ° C
- Line bottom n sides of pan. Do not grease.
- Add ingredient A into a mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a spatula ( abt 20 seconds). Sect aside.
- Whisk ingredient B until soft peaks.
- Pour egg mixture into meringue using hand to fold.
- Put your hand into bottom of the bowl, lift mixture up and turn bowl at the same time. Repeat for 5 times.
- Pour into pan and bake for 40-45 mins.
- Remove cake n paper immediately from pan and let cool completely before slicing into 3 layers.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE TOPPING
- 400 ml + 50 ml Water
- 80 gm Caster Sugar
- 1 / 8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chocolate Emulco
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 tbsp Hoon Kueh Powder
- 1 tsp Instant Jelly Powder
- 20 gm Dark Chocolate Compound ( droplets type )
- 10 gm Butter
- Boil 400 ml water, sugar, salt and chocolate emulco in a saucepan on medium heat.
- When heated, add in chocolate compound n butter. Continue to cook until the compound n butter has melted.
- Pour some into the Cocoa powder to dissolve. Pour back into saucepan and continue to whisk until all melted. ( I use a small hand whisk )
- Mix Hoon Kueh n Jelly powder with 50ml water. Mix well until no lumps.
- Pour Hoon Kueh mixture into saucepan. Continue to whisk mixture.
- Off heat immediately when you see bubbles n mixture starts to thicken. DO NOT LET IT BOIL.
- Pour fudge mixture immediately unto cake.( layer by layer)
- Chill overnight for best results.
Pace a pc of aluminum foil below cake base (enough to cover whole cake) as you pour fudge mixture over your cake as the mixture will be slightly runny. As the mixture flows down, use a plastic dough cutter/spatula to smoothen top n scoop back to sides of cake (not to waste)
Enjoy your Lana Cake!
# Fiona Lau #