Pandan Ogura Cake - by Zac Ng
egg york 100g (around 5 eggs)
whole egg 1
salt 1/4 tsp
corn oil 60g
Fresh coconut milk 4bsp
8 pandan leaf
Superfine flour 80g
Egg white 200g (around 5 eggs)
castor sugar 80g
lemon juice 1 tsp
utensil : 7" round pan
1. Blend pandan leaf with coconut milk. Strain the juice and measure to get around 3 tsps of juice. Set a side. (If you want thicker taste, you mmay simmer more juice until you get 3 tsps)
2. Beat the egg york,whole egg,salt,corn oil, and pandan/coconut juice until fluffy.
3. Shift in superfine flour and mix it until smooth and well combined, put a side.
1. Beat egg white + lemon juice + castor sugar until stiff.
2. Take 1/3 of meringue from B1 and mix with A's mixture until smooth. Add the remaining meringue and mix until a nice smooth batter is obtained. (apply chiffon cake mixing method : You may refer to this video on how to fold the mixture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66JHqdY6Y48)
3. Pour the mixture(B2) into the 7"pan, try to get rid of the air by lightly tapping the pan.
4. Put pan into a larger pan half-filled with hot water. Bake with preheated oven at 160'C for 60 min or until baked.
5. Once baked, remove from the pan immediately, inverted on a rack and let it cool. (I didn't invert as my cake very easily drop off from pan)