500 g pau flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 g sugar
50 g shortening or vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
11g instant yeast
1. First, mix yeast with a bit of water, set aside.
2. Combine everything except shortening and mix to form a dough.
3. Then you add shortening to dough and knead until dough is smooth. Add slightly more flour if dough is way too sticky or more water is dough is dry.
4. Cover and let it proof for an hour at room temperature.
5. After an hour, punch down the dough and knead for a minute or two.