Pomegranate Chiffon Cake - by adapted by Lee Eng
Pomegranate cake. Inspired to try after tasting Lama's Russian cake
Here's the recipe -
Pomegranate Chiffon Cake (modified & adapted by Lee Eng)
6 egg yolks
50g caster sugar
60 ml corn oil
30 ml fresh milk
100 ml Pomegranate juice (freshly juiced or packet)
110 gm cake flour
1/4 tsp burgundy color paste (optional)
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar COT
50 gm caster sugar
1) Preheat oven to 160 deg C
2) From group A, whisk 6 egg yolks with caster sugar till it dissolves. Add in milk, juice, corn oil & coloring & mix well. Lastly, sift in cake flour. Set aside.
3) From group B, beat egg whites with COT till soft peaks. Add in sugar gradually & continue beating till stiff peaks.
4) Mix 1/3 of meringue (3) with egg yolk mixture (2) using folding method. Then another 1/3 & 1/3 folding gently till all mixed in.
4) Pour mixture into 23" chiffon pan & tap gently. Bake for 50-60 mins till done. Cool cake inverted & unmould only when completely cool.
Beat 250ml of whipping cream with 2-3 tbsp icing sugar till fluffy. Add 3-4 tbsp Pomegranate juice into cream. Cut cooled cake into half across the middle & brush some Pomegranate juice on the tops of both parts. Ice cake completely with the prepared cream & decorate with fresh Pomegranate fruits.
Enjoy baking & hope yours is a success!
Note: if any part of the above recipe looks familiar, kindly note that this is just a typical chiffon cake recipe adapted to the pomegranate fruit.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at email@example.com
04/12 - 04/19
- Fiona's Mango pudding - by Fiona Lau
- Chinese steamed cake 'Pak tong kor" - by Cheryl La...
- Gula Melaka Cendol Agar Agar - by Joey Foo
- Mango Coconut Pudding - by Joey Foo
- Pomegranate Chiffon Cake - by adapted by Lee Eng
- No Knead Rice Cooker bread ( Kneading Free) - by V...
- Watercress drink - by Vonne VI
- Home made Golden Lava Pao - by Zac Ng
- POLKA DOTS PANDAN SWISSROLL by Patricia Na
- ▼ 04/12 - 04/19 ( 9 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )