(modified & recipe Inspired by Patricia Na and Lee Eng)
5 egg yolks
50g caster sugar
60 ml corn oil
80 ml Pomegranate juice (freshly juiced or packet)
100 gm cake flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp red color paste (optional)
5 egg whites
1 tsp lemon juice
70 gm icing sugar
1) Preheat oven to 180 deg C
2) From group A, whisk 5 egg yolks with caster sugar till it dissolves. Add in juice, corn oil & coloring & mix well. Lastly, sift in cake flour. Set aside.
3) From group B, beat egg whites with Lemon till soft peaks. Add in sugar gradually & continue beating till stiff peaks.
4) Mix 1/3 of meringue (3) with egg yolk mixture (2) using folding method. Then another 1/3 & 1/3 folding gently till all mixed in.
4) Pour mixture into 20" chiffon pan & tap gently. Bake for 50 mins till done. Cool cake inverted & unmould only when completely cool.
Beat 250ml of whipping cream with 2-3 tbsp icing sugar till fluffy. Add 3-4 tbsp Pomegranate juice into cream. Cut cooled cake into half across the middle & brush some Pomegranate juice on the tops of both parts. Ice cake completely with the prepared cream & decorate with fresh Pomegranate fruits.
Enjoy baking & hope yours is a success!
***Pls Do link back to bakingscorner if you have used any information as published in this blog. Tks Q