Salted Egg cookies - by Jaslin Yoke
I got it from Messywitchen but I put 4 egg yolks instead of 3 and reduced the sugar to 60 Gms
250g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon milk powder
3 salted egg yolks
150g butter, at room temperature
20g transfat-free shortening (or replace with butter)
1/2 teaspoon salt
80g caster sugar
1 egg mixed with 1 egg yolk, beaten lightly, for egg wash
5g each of black and white sesame seeds for topping
1. Sift together flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and milk powder, set aside.
2. Steam salted egg yolks for about 5 minutes. Cool, mash with a fork and set aside.
3. Place butter, shortening, salt and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium speed until sugar is dissolved.
4. Add mashed salted egg yolks and sifted flours. Mix to for a soft and pliable dough. If dough is too soft, wrap with cling film and rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes. (I didn’t need to chill the dough, it was just nice to roll out after mixing)
5. Line baking paper on the baking pans. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
6. Roll out dough to 5mm thickness and cut into desired shapes using dough cutters. Place on baking pans and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to decorate.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 170 degrees or until golden brown. Remove and cool completely before storing in airtight container.
Baking's Corner (BC) was founded in 2013 by our passionate homebaker, Fiona Lau. She started sharing her recipes and little did she expect to inspire other passionate homebakers to do the same.
BC has then grown into a huge recipe library with more and more recipes being added each day. Fiona strongly believes that "Sharing is Receiving", from professionals to beginners, you can find a large variety of recipes contributed by homebakers and professionals!
Do keep a lookout for our humble corner https://www.facebook.com/bakingscorner/likes/, as we have some exciting news coming soon in the near future!
For any enquires, get in touch with us at email@example.com
- ▼ 02/08 - 02/15 ( 5 )
- ► 2014 ( 881 )