Coffee macaroon done by my daughter by Stephanie Oke Ai Fern
Recipe credit to Bakingbetweencities
adapted from Trissalicious
100g egg whites (I popped mine in the microwave for 10 seconds instead of aging, still worked :o)
125g ground almonds
200g powdered sugar
2 tsp. cocoa powder
2 tsp. coffee powder
- In a bowl, beat egg whites for about a minute then gradually add sugar until stiff.
- In another bowl, sift together almonds, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and coffee powder.
- Pour the dry ingredients onto the egg whites and fold slowly to incorporate. Careful not to overmix. You can tell it’s good to go when you run your spatula in the middle and it would take about 5-6 seconds for the batter to come together. Or test with spoon and it’s still somewhat thick and flattens a tiny bit (it shouldn’t be runny and thin).
- Pipe into rounds on lined baking pans. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. When you touch it, the batter shouldn’t stick.
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on size. Let cool before peeling off the silpat/wax paper.
this made more than needed but it’s oh so goood. lol
150g white chocolate
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp. coffee
- Place white chocolate and butter in a bowl.
- Bring the cream to a boil and pour over white chocolate and butter.
- Stir in coffee until smooth.
- Chill until nearly hard.
- Pipe or spoon onto macaron shells.