250g of purple sweet potatoes, steamed.
200ml of water
500g pau flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g sugar ( add more sugar if you like sweeter but I like mine just nice)
50g shortening ( you may use vegetable oil to subs if shortening not avail)
1/4 tsp salt
11g instant yeast ( one sachet)
2. With balance of water, mix it with yeast.
3.Combine everything except shortening and mix to form a dough.
4.Put in shortening and knead dough until smooth. Add slightly more flour if dough is still sticky or more water if dough is dry ( by using tablespoon to add water slowly)
5.Cover and let the dough rest and double in size, about an hour.
6. After rested an hour, punch down dough and knead for another 1 minute.
7. Divide dough into 50 g portions and form the shape as you wish.
8. After forming the shape of dough, let them rest on muffin liners for another 15 minutes and then steamed for 12 minutes on high heat.
* To make these rose mantaou. I roll the 5 portions of 50g dough into cylinder. Then stack each cylinder overlapping one another. Then use your fingers roll the first cylinder nearest to you upwards, not too tight. Then use a pair of scissor to cut into halves. Use your hands to lightly shape the base of the roses and let them stand on muffin liners. Next, use your fingers to slowly peel off the petals as if the roses are flowering… Then , steamed.* I hope my instruction is easy to understand here.