gula melaka steam cake - by Diana Chin


Again for tea-time today I made STEAMED CAKE as requested by my mom as she is leaving homeward bound tomorrow morning. This time, I used gula melaka as a substitute for white sugar. It does make a lot of difference. These cakes smelled wonderfully fragrance with the gula melaka and the sweetness is just nice. Moreover these are healthy snacks for tea-time. I guessed I will miss doing things like this activity with her. Au Revoir Mommy!


INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs ( I used 4 eggs as I wanted to steam more cakes, so double all the ingredients)
2 tbsp sugar (today I replaced with 3 tbsp of grated gula melaka)
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp fresh milk ( I ran out of milk so subs with buttermilk)
3 tbsp condensed milk ( you can add more if you want sweeter)
2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
2 tsp baking powder

STEPS:
1. Lightly beat eggs, add in sugar, milk, condensed milk and oil one by one. Make sure you stir together before adding the next ingredient.
2. Mix together flour and baking powder. Add to the egg mixture and gently stir until just combined ( okay to have lumps, no worries. But pls do not over mix the batter or else cake will not be spongy)
3. Steam at high heat over boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Done!

bakingscorner

No comments :

Instagram