chocolate chip banana cake - by Marsha Benjamin


Day trip back to Batu Pahat. Baked two loaves of less sugar moist chocolate chip banana cake for my Papa. 3/4 of first loaf gone within 30 minutes.
Note : Recipe calls for 3 large ripe bananas but I didnt have any so I used 5 small ones (see the size as on the loaf)
Ingredients :
Half block of butter
3 eggs
150gm plain flour
125gm soft brown sugar (can put less if bananas are ripe and sweet. Mine were not very ripe so i maintained this amount)
3 large ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 tsp baking powder
Choc chips (as desired)

Method :
1. Preheat oven. As I used the vintage oven I didnt know what temperature but my guess would be around 175C maybe.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together and sieve.
3. Using mixer, cream sugar and butter until fluffy
4. Add eggs one at a time.
5. Add vanilla
6. Add flour in two parts.
7. Stop mixer and fold choc chips in.
8. Pour into tin/pan and bake. I think in vintage oven around 30minutes. Checked with satay stick and it came out clean.
Thanks and enjoy!

bakingscorner

Instagram